Saturday, May 12, 2012

Another Fun Morning

This morning was great. An early start. Fish moving all over the place. Its a pleasure when your local spot is productive.

But forget the four landed Bonefish, permit lost at my feet and golden's in the distance. And forget the fact I landed my 75th Inner Island Bonefish, which I'm very chuffed about. However I'll remember this morning for the two definite Milkfish hookups.

Dad played it well. Perfect presentation. As ecstatic as I was, I put the first one down to fluke. The fish, not large, but a Milkfish none-the-less, did three cartwheels before throwing the hook. But Dad soon put my fluke to rest when, with still adrenalin pumping and our tails up, we soon spotted another cruising fish and with an identical cash and retrieve Dad hooked up again. Unfortunately it threw the hook on the first one.

The fly was not a typical Milkfish fly but rather an unweighted Gotcha variation (which has had happened to be catching everything lately). Put in front of the Milk, it was barely moved - just enough to keep contact. The light take of a Milkfish belies the crazy acceleration that soon follows a hookup.

Hopefully tomorrow we will find, hook and land one.










No comments:

Post a Comment