Thursday, March 17, 2011

Who would have guessed!

The bus trip was hellish today... Over crowded, stuffy and driven by a lunatic. It took a dream like resemblance to a bad rollercoaster ride from a failed theme park...

Feeling like a first rate sardine I tried to home in on the thoughts being fuelled by my iPod's shuffle setting. The song Somerset West by CrashCarBurn immediately ran me back to times where I felt in the shoes of the guy walking down Long Street thinking about his youth and being in love. Starry Eyed Surprise took me all the way to school days and matric madness!

The uncomfortable shuffle of commuters fighting the intoxicated bus kept throwing me off - regaining balance punctuated by apologetic smiles is not the best way to let the mind wonder...

What I did realise thought I panted on the veranda after the race to stay dry is that life has a funny way for blowing your mind!

No matter how hard you try to control your life, no matter how planned out you had it or how clear your goals were, life will throw you a curve ball. I don't care who you are, five years ago you would would have never, could never have guessed where you where you right now.

(If you did, you either lead a excruciatingly boring life or possess a discipline that would make Superman proud!)

I had a moment a few days ago; lying in my little boat, alone, happy, lines over the side, in the middle of the ocean. I felt a world away from the hussle and bussle of everyday routine, so far from the worries of everyday life. I had this moment when I realised that I am living the dream.

Five years ago for me: I had just got engaged...
I could be married right now. I wouldn't have guessed!

And five from now?

No comments:

Post a Comment